You may be able to claim free school meals for your child. If you are on a low income and receive any of the following benefits then your child will qualify for free school meals:
If you are in receipt of any of the following you may be eligible for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
You may still be eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit which is going to end due to having recently reduced your hours or having become unemployed (also known as a '4 week run-on').
Children in Reception and Key Stage 1 are entitled to free meals, however meals must be ordered on the ParentPay site.
There is further information on the West Northamptonshire Council website.